Sunday, May 07, 2006

What are Happy Hippos


I had a bet with my co-worker: I couldn't eat any sweets, candies, or chips for one month!! I made it...yippee. I can now eat chocolate, and what I ate first was ice cream...seriously something I can't live without. But now I can eat my Happy Hippos which have been sitting on my desk for the past two weeks. These are lovely wafers with hazelnut chocolate cream inside but its shapped like a hippo...a happy one!
I love them and I can't seem to find any here in the states, so whenever my german co-worker's girlfriend comes to visit or if he goes back to Germany he brings some...boy are they delicious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Happy Hippo even though I have never tried this German delicacy it sounds SCRUMPTULECENT. I hope to try this tasty treat someday, for my life seems meaningless without the taste of hazelnut chocolate..alas I shall eat Trader Joe's hazelnut spread to satisfy my hunger until then. A hippo is truly not happy unless it is German and made of hazelnut chocolate!