Saturday, September 02, 2006

Finally, Music that I love!!

I'd have to say that I love music of all types. It's always hard to pick a favorite type of music. Depending on what mood I'm in, I'll enjoy a little jazz or hip hop or R&B. But, I just came back from an Ozomatli concert and I forgot how wonderful live music can be sometimes. I've always liked Ozomatli back in the days in high school and I went to see them perform back in the days all the time. I know they opened up for Carlos Santana and the music is excellent. I think that every band member in Ozo brings something different and unique to the table and it blends together so well. Needless to say, the concert down in San Diego was energetic and positive as usual. I forgot how good they were, I haven't seen them play since they came out with Street Signs. I'm excited for the new album and can't wait to hear that. I was so happy they played a lot of the old stuff as well and did the usual congo line. I think the last time I saw them play was at UCSD for the protests that were going on. I went through a phase in college where I went to a lot of concerts...but then I just sort of ran out of money and stopped going. I think I'm going to get back into going to more live concerts. I went and saw Jewel and Rob Thomas for free the other day and that was pretty good too. Both are great live. I missed out on Street Scene this year...it was way too expensive for me. But I think my next performance I would like to see live is little Matt Costa...you can see his video below. I absolutely love his music. So good. And I know Bedouin Soundclash is playing with Flogging Molly at UCI at the end of September...anyone interested?? I wanna see them live too!! Oh and my lil' sis told me that the Spice Girls are planning to have a reunion tour...I wanna see them. And I might go see Mariah Carey. I know that Justin Timberlakes tour sold out in negative seconds before it was open to the public to sell. Not fair. I told you I listen to all music, I even like me some pop from time to time. After all if anyone is going to bring sexy back I'm glad its Justin Timberlake and not Jimmy Buffet or Lou Reeds. Anyways...thats my whole thang on the music scene.

Matt Costa - Cold December (Music Video)

No comments: