Wednesday, March 03, 2010

New Thing, Week 4: dineLA brings us to The Sky Room

I've never been to the Sky Room in Long Beach. This time my girlfriends and I took advantage LA dine week and the preset menus at the Sky Room.

Did you know that the Sky Room opened up in 1926? Which makes this fine establishment 84 years old! That just amazes me...now a days everything is closing down. So it's great to see survival in this harsh economy. Patrons of this dear restaurant are of the older generation. One lady I met in the elevator came with her family told us that she came to the Sky Room when it first open and she said it has changed a whole lot. Then she turned towards me and whispered, "it was better back then". She was so cute, it made my night more memorable because of her.

The Sky Room also has a rooftop bar that yields beautiful views of Long Beach. But you should really come here for excellent food and service. I will definitely come back for a special occasion.

No comments: